This page is for my past and present musical projects. I was previously a member of the Vancouver-based band Dashing, the Ottawa-based band Eight Minute Veil, and the Kingston-based band Garçon Means Boy. I also produce my own material, which I’ve released under a Creative Commons license. Enjoy.
Older Songs (2006-2008)
- Written and produced by Matthew Brehmer © 2008
- Additional vocals on Distress by Andrew Fleming; lyrics by Andrew Fleming & Matthew Brehmer
- Additional vocals and lyrics for Кроншта́дт восстание by Anamaria Crişan
- Cover photography by Nathan Hum.
- Thanks to the following people for their contributions and feedback: Andrew Fleming, Anamaria Crisan, Patrick McKenna, Philip Horwitz, Andrew Mouck, Nathan Hum, and Vergel Evans
Red Hats to Kravis: Forgotten Songs (2006-2008)
Unfinished tracks, recorded 2006-2008 in Kingston and Toronto.
Math Grenades (2006)
- Produced by Matthew Brehmer © 2006
- Vocals and lyrics for Who You Want by Andrew Mouck of Garçon Means Boy. Additional guitar by Philip Horwitz
- Guitar and trumpet on Math Grenades by Philip Horwitz
- Math Grenades contains a spoken excerpt from William Gibson’s novel Pattern Recognition
- Cover artwork: Keep It Together by Karen Galbraith.
Mystic Scientific (w/ Phil Horwitz) (2006)
In December of 2006, Phil and I recorded this track. Phil plays trumpet and handles the Korg MicroSynth. I take care of the MIDI and production.